Saturday, May 28, 2005

1984


Fortunately for my 2 remaining sisters, I soon outgrew my cherubic vampirism. Guided by the moral compass that was the 2 squirrels on my cardigan, I decided to use my abilities for good. Between countless naptimes, I slowly honed my skills until I was able to jump on a trampoline without getting ice cream on my face.
Regrettably, having moved to a Soviet satellite state, we were forced to boycott the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics, just as my ice cream/trampolining powers were at their peak. I was doubly crushed, not only was I denied the chance to shine in all my squirrel-cardigan glory, but it turned out the Olympics were not a giant ice cream/trampolining festival at all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i just want to say that i love your humor and the way you write. thanks for the laugh!

caro...a friend of sam

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:40:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Thx Caro,
I'm glad to hear it. Btw, you are one of my favourite sculptors.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 9:59:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home