Friday, June 10, 2005


I was in a play yesterday and the day before. We did three scenes from Harold Pinter's The Birthday Party (1958) for my Modern Brit Lit class. Although acting is definitely not a strong suit of mine, it was a lot of fun because The Birthday Party is in the Theatre of the Absurd genre. I played McCann, an Irishman, who interrogates the protagonist (Stanley) until he goes insane. I also got to sing, and one of my lines was "The bastard sweatpig is sweating!"
That class is cool because the teacher is actually British, with the appropriate sense of humour. Yesterday, he called someone a "daft sod" (in a friendly way). I'll have to remember that one.

Manu Ginobli is my favourite Argentinian. He's also the only Argentinian I know, except for that jerk who caused David Beckham to get redcarded at France '98. Manu had a spectabulous second half last night in San Antonio's 84-69 win over Detroit (in game 1 of the NBA finals). I'm actually cheering for Detroit, or, more specifically, I am cheering for Ben Wallace's majestic afro. He had it braided last night, which is clearly the reason they lost. SA is pretty cool too though, despite the fact that they slaughtered poor Steve Nash's Suns. I like SA's international flavour, with starters from USA, Argentina, and France, as well as two Slovenians on their bench. How can you lose with a guy named Rasho on your team?

I've decided I like bananas again. Grapefruit is still my favourite fruit, but bananas have portability in their favour, and they only cost 0.59$ per pound. Also, they help you make friends with monkeys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home