Thursday, June 23, 2005

Leah


I was thinking about what I should post today, but when I searched the place where my thoughts should have been, there was only an empty, off-white, plastic bucket. It had recently been full of tiny frogs, I deduced, judging by the hundreds of tiny frogs hopping away in all directions. But they were gone now, and all that was left was a tiny inscription reading: "tom the tiny frog was heer."

Having no frogs in my idea bucket, I decided I should start a series of posts introducing some of my family members. After all, their well-adjustedness might reflect well on me. So, without further ado, let me introduce my twin sister: Leah Shiloh Henderson

Leah is not really my twin sister, having been born about 21 months earlier than me (in October 1978), but we are both bipedal. She is currently studying photography (which is a fancy word fer picture-takin') in Montreal. She is a vegetarian, and possibly a vegan (which is like being a Jedi Master of vegetarianism), but she is not a raw foodist (because why would anyone be a raw foodist?). In the mid-nineties Leah was a member of a fictional band called Batch. I think they were a britpop band, despite having no British members, but it doesn't matter, since the band was fictional.

Leah used to live in Sweden, which is where she got her jet black hair. She also lived in Perth, Australia for two years. According to my memory of the map of Australia, Perth is the city in Australia that is really far away from the other cities, and very lonely. Pretend you have a piece of toast shaped like the continent of Australia. Most of the cities are along the bottom right side of the piece of toast, but Perth is all the way over on the bottom left! Argh?! Whyyy?!! Now smush-up the piece of toast and eat it! That'll teach you Australia, plan your cities better!

Despite the fact that she once threw a rock at me, Leah is a really nice person who is impossible to hate. So unhateable is she that the U.S. Navy Seals are currently trying to recruit her to search the foothills of Afghanistan for Osama Bin Laden, knowing that if she finds him, he will immediately surrender, moaning: "Oh, how wrong I was, Western culture is not the great Satan, we all must get along, and play volleyball."

P.S.
Thanks for those pics you sent me.
I don't know who the photo credit for this picture is. My guess would be Sam, or an automatic timer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Samuel said...

It was I who took the picture. I've learn a lot about my girlfriend thanks to this post. Thank you Infallible Dave.

Friday, June 24, 2005 9:20:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am not currently vegan though i often wish to be. and i seriously do not remember throwing a rock at you but you always bring it up !? and despite Perth being alone on the westcoast of Australia, it is well planned by the city makers, it is a beautiful city right on the ocean and a river, delightfully far away from other more touristic cities.
thanks dave.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 7:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I just like to bug you about it because it is the only time you ever got in trouble throughout our childhoods.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 9:25:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents have been to Perth. They were amazed at how good the public transport was, until I told them about Brisbane's public transport, then they weren't as amazed. Silly old people.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home