Thursday, June 16, 2005


Whoever invented the summer solstice hates me. My room has like 15 windows (2 actually) that face the sun, which apparently thinks it's ok to shine into my eyes 23 hours per day. I've averaged about 3 hrs of sleep the last 4 nights. This may also be due to my ill-advised swallowing of steel wool, which I thought might cure my cold. I know, I know, why don't I just get some opaque drapes? Easy for you to say, the international drapery cartel hasn't pronounced a fatwah on you. Who knew they were so protective of their goats?

On the plus side, my need for darkness gave me an excuse to build a wicked awesome pillow fort. Not that anyone ever really needs an excuse to do that. Seriously though, despite my burning retinas, I really like it up here.

Today I'm going to go on an all citrus diet, and I'm going to try to find a St. Bernard to come and give me moral support, since I've seen that work in commercials. Oh yeah, It's exam/final papers time now, so I will be MIA for a bit. I know, you're heartbroken.

In unrelated news, my completely scientific poll has revealed that 1 person wants me to die, no one wants to marry me, and 6 people like Tacos!

4 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

Well, one person wanted to marry you (won't even go into the rest), but was cautioned by the sharpness of your tongue, and opted for the tacos rather than to squish you, but then you did say unscientific.

I am always facicated watching the cooks at Benehana's as they slice and dice. Very talented, good showmen and usually quite funny, but I just don't think I would want to get too close, ya know?

Sorry about your retinas. I truly am.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 6:14:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother says;
citrus good, pillow fort good, sleep good, but seriously, you can afford at least a blanket over your window.
But consider this, store up on your vitamin D while you can, you're going to need it on those long cold PG Winters.
bonne nuit,
-mamanxoxo

Thursday, June 16, 2005 11:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Roy said...

Sad comment on our world as it is now.

If I had lied, if I had put a "pretty" picture and said I was 23, then you probably would have not been such a snob.

We really don't care about who some one is, we care about what someone is. But then maybe it has always been that way. Maybe we are just a virus on this planet that is about to run its course.

Anyway, thanks for being so friendly. It always makes it so much easier to get up in the morning knowing that you matter. At least I guess, never happens to me.

Be very careful, you might be 58 one day too.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

You'll notice that I became a snob after you started making condescending comments, veiled or otherwise, about me and others who posted comments.

Pardon me for not realizing that the true purpose of this ostensibly comedic blog was for everyone to share their life stories with complete strangers, so we can all cry and gain some special insight into the human condition.

I know, I'm walking into another poetic, philosophical gem about the current state of the world. Bad David, Bad!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 2:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home