Monday, August 1, 2005


Aside from my precocious early elementary years, I've always been an underacheiver.
Every single comment I have ever received on a report card was something to the effect of "David has performed satisfactorily, but could do much better if he applied himself." A debate could be had about whether a perpetual underacheiver is actually an underacheiver at all, but that's beside the point.The point is: I am finished with that now.

The top of the world does strange things to people. Since I moved up here I have felt closer to reaching the self that I want to be. The source of this is divided, albeit not evenly, between this place, these people and the fact that I am now one quarter century old. Explanations are not what is important though. What is important is that I have finally hit my stride; I am centered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home