Thursday, August 25, 2005


I've been busy this last week, but not with any single thing that demands a post of its own. Nevertheless, today is an appropriate day to write something, so I'll make something up.

The Church 50m from my house constructed a 20-foot tall X-wing sculpture out of popcorn and sugar for their summer VBS. Can someone e-mail me a picture? ;-) It unofficially surpassed the Guiness record of 18-feet, set by a Godzilla sculpture in the UK. I wasn't involved, as I was busy, and I have been a part of enough ambitious, ill-conceived art projects to think that they would not pull it off. But they did, so kudos to them!

The tranquility of Sunday makes it my favourite day. It is a day for crosswords, picking peas in the misting rain, playing Dutch Blitz and slowly cracking crab legs. All of which are things I did last Sunday with Rock's family. They have a warm home, helped in part by their 120lb blind sheepdog 'Bailey' who tends to crash into guests and walls alike.

On Tuesday I met a friend of Rock's named Amy, who is pretty neat despite being one 'C' short from having a name that is an anagram of 'YMCA'.
Nobody is perfect right? Well, maybe someone named Acmy.

Sam's blog says school has started already in Quebec. I look forward to it starting here too. This summer has been amazing, but I am eager to start moving forward, since I know where I'm going now.

Speaking of friends of Rock, the terrific and funny Shaela is back from wherever she was! We're doing something ridiculous and/or fun tonight, roasting a pig's head on a spit, I think it was. Something with Bruschetta anyway, but I guess that's true of anything.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's RATS Not a pig head u IDIOT!!!!
I witnessed the most amazing sight at cultus lake in vancouver.

Thursday, August 25, 2005 5:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

RATS? I did notice something crunchy.
Was the amazing sight someone's grandpa?

Friday, August 26, 2005 1:54:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom just told me that the estimated weight of the giant X-wing is 11,000 lbs!!! Good thing it didn't fall on anyone or anything!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:37:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I was there, it would have only weighed like 10,983 lbs bc I would have been found in a room or like behind pgi surrounded by popcorn and I would have been passed out and my clothes would prob. be all stretched out and ripped bc I would have eaten like 17 lbs of popcorn. yup.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:53:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home