Wednesday, August 3, 2005


The photo above is what the inside of my head looks like right now.

The things I missed throughout the idleness of the last years of my life have all been concentrated into a span of days. So, this will be the least fair post ever in the sense that I am throwing things out without explanation. Granted, the explanations would take days, if they are communicable at all, still . . .



I usually take a more cryptic, ironic and detached tact when writing here. That's fine; that's a part of who I am, but it's not the only part. The words on these pages are supposed to be about my life . . . so, I would be remiss if I left out things just because they say too much about me; because they fall behind that wall of indifference which I too often front.

Right, so, there's a girl . . . Roxanne. It's not casual. That's all I can say without getting utterly lost.

Also, after an honest six years in the agnostic wasteland, I believe in God again. It's such a simple sentence to write, but the words are anvils (well, not "I" and "in" so much). It might mean what some of you think it means; it won't mean what all of you think it means. I will explain more eventually, but the main point is that belief is a catalyst for action. Any hermit in the forest can fulfill his negative moral obligations. That is, he can live without hurting anyone. And it may be that we are not obliged to help anyone, or fulfill any positive moral obligations at all. I mean, a cogent argument could be made that we don't have to help anyone at all; that we only have to not hurt them, but why wouldn't you want to? And what would you say if you came face to face with abject suffering? Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that the importance of this belief for me now is that it helps me act positively, rather than simply not act negatively. In any case, Wittgenstein says all of philosophy is a word game. I'm just happy to be playing again.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so happy that a boy is getting utterly lost with one of my best friends ;) Lost is fun.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 5:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Thanks Sha . . . err . . . odd ball. You're a good friend, odd or not.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 12:00:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mind is blown. BLOWN I tell you!

I...feel a little- out of the loop.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:45:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who is this Roxanne girl? She sounds super cool to me! I bet she has a lot of great skills too... "you know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... boys only want girlfriends who have great skills".
Rox...i mean...umm...Jane, ya! That's it Jane. Jane Smith.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:43:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you think that Ace of Base will ever regroup? i don't think that the world has been the same since their demise. all that she wanted was another baby. is that too much to ask for?
i suppose. life was never meant to be difficult but this is torture.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

If they regrouped it would only be for today because she'd be gone tomorrow.

Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home