Friday, September 30, 2005


Shalom Shaolin Monks!
Pardon my posting paucity, I've been busy.

The person you might not know in the picture is Shaela. And yes, she always has that expression on her face. I think the picture was taken by Shenelle.

Like I said, I moved into a new house. Here are some hasty pictures of my room. Note the opaque curtains, which allow me to sleep in baby fashion, not to be confused with baby fashions. Roxanne made them, because she has the mad curtain-making skills!

I quit my pseudo-job, that's a good thing. If you didn't know I had a job, neither did I.

Indoor soccer is going sort of well. It's a lot of fun, but our team has too few players, so usually we have to borrow some. It's OK though, because our name is The Least Organized Team in History.

One thing that makes me happy: Tom DeLay has been indicted.

One thing that makes me the reverse of happy: NYT online is now charging for full access. Why? Whyyy? I mean, besides the obvious. I hate newspapers that charge for their online version, and the NYT was my favourite, a last bastion of freeness.

One thing that makes me the reverse of the reverse of happy, times 1,000: Roxanne and I have been together for 2 months now! It's double plus good. On Sunday we are going to the birthday of Ayden, who is turning 2. His parents are Holly and Sukah, and they rock!

Hockey starts soon, hooray! The Canucks have had a subpar preseason, but that doesn't mean anything. They finally signed Matt Cooke, he's one of my favourites and underrated. I think Brent Johnson will help Cloutier, and they are fine up front of course, it's just the defense I am worried about. Ottawa is looking brilliant with Heatley and Spezza having chemistry and Hasek looking stable. Chris, if I forget to e-mail you, can you send me a copy of the pool please? If you happen to have one on your computer.

OK, just in case this post wasn't shizophrenic enough for you, here is a random Jack Handey quote:

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham!, you just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David!
Long time, no speak (to me)! Get on the talking-trolley or else I might start thinking you're lame(r).
I forgot to tell you, you're girlfriend's hot-- good work!

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:16:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe strongly and deeply that my facial expression is some what close to the choking and gagging feeling shenelle had when she realized that Stew was a person.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 7:27:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Stew, abbreviated from Stewart,
quite common, and not the most edible.
(particularily the Tasmanian kind...)
Hey Dave, are you still coming home for the thanksgiving stew? (I mean dinner?)
So who painted the stripes in your room? You're really going designer now! And hand-made curtains from the one you love? Congrats on your 2nd ann. I'm sending a few more pics from when you were here,
xox-mom
P.S. : ta soeur K. sera aussi ici, (je pense). Je l'a vu a Vancouver.
Je vais en Espgne et Montreal en quelques semaines!
P.P.S. : 'Beefcake 5000" , why , that was my nickname for you when you were little!!!

Saturday, October 01, 2005 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I don't know why that says 'dave said'. Some glitch, it was actually my mom. If Kellar is coming, then Ill probably definitely come, but Im not sure otherwise . . . wheel sea.

Sunday, October 02, 2005 9:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

damn NYT online
damn them all to hell

I'm angry

and the time isn't a glitch, it's actually that time of 3am

I'm surfing the internet world among perverts, and the people that have daylight right now

wait, this is your blog
I digress....

um, okay

bye

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:00:00 a.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

In the very famous giant turtle paridise of the Seychelles Islands, Stew was the "Kreol" name the Seychellois people gave to pretty much anything that involed a casserole. I was often fish or veggies only... anyways, seychellois people may not always know what they're talking about when it comes to occidental food but they sure live in magnificant place.

see for yourself at: http://www.seychelles.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:11:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish that i slept in baby fashions, especially if they were the old-school PJs with feet on them. How could one not sleep in baby fashion in baby fashions?

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:05:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home