Tuesday, October 25, 2005


I've been having a really good Monday and Tuesday. Well, I guess Monday has already been had, but the Tuesdayification continues!
There hasn't been anything outstanding about these days, just a line of little nice things.

Rock and I ran into this guy Heinrich at school, a friend of hers; good people. He was talking about reading Neil Gaiman, and I was like . . . hmmm, why does that name sound familiar? Oh yeah! He's the guy who wrote Sandman, which I read a bunch in highschool. Isn't it neat when you find little bits of information in the back of your memory that you didn't know were there at all? Yes it is. Don't you hate it when people answer their own rhetorical questions? No you don't.

Ms. McLeod brought me Mexican food in tupperware, because I was going to be at school for 12 hours. How nice was that? Super nice, that's how nice. It was really good, because Mexican food is my favourite, and the only kind of portable food I know how to make is peanutbutter and jam, which I like too, but you can't put sour cream in it. Or can you?

Then I finished writing 11 pages of stuff for creative writing, it ended up being 3 poems and a short story, and I felt good about it. In that class we went to the auditorium to watch a movie called Waking Life (not bad, but it's no Before Sunrise), and some guy did stand-up, and this guy Earson from a bunch of my classes made up this random, funny song on the guitar that didn't make any sense. I think he was stoned.

Today I got an A- on my Canadian Lit paper. I was happy with that because I expected worse since Dr. MacKinley-Hay is pretty strict, and I wrote the paper hastily. It had a lot of red ink on it, but I guess she liked the ideas, since I can't punctuate for my life. Luckily I don't have to, although it might be kind of funny if I did.
Saddam Hussein: "Comma or semicolon, or I kill you!"
Me: "Your mom is a semicolon."
Saddam Hussein: "Yes, yes she is. Let's eat Doritos."

Also, today it seemed like I talked to a lot of people, just random people I barely know. I've been doing more of that lately. It's cool, because then people talk back to you, and you feel like a normal, friendly, talktoable person. Sometimes it's easy just look at the ground and be preoccupied and sleepwalk your way through your day. The world responds to you differently when you try to have and emit positivity.

Oh yeah, I saw a new Civic too, they have a great design. So does the hospital, which was faithfully glowing with the fading sun on my way home.

5 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

does he eat Halal doritos?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I don't know, what are those?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:29:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best drawing ever. I think you really captured my personality and my indescribable love of Doritos. Now i must go make license plates.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

Saddam reminds me of Castro in that picture. also check out this hilarity

Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:52:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home