Thursday, October 13, 2005


Who will the mysterious fourth member of Pettman clan be? That's right folks, the baby birthday prediction experts say that October 19th is the day. If you think you are smarter than those fake experts then try to prove it by accidentally guessing when the correct day is!

Speaking of events in the past or future, Hun City was pretty ok last weekend. Mostly we did nothing, which isn't as hard as it seems. It was actually nice and pretty relaxing, plus I got to dig up part of a septic field. Here's Roxanne's version.

If you only have enough money to illegally download one album this year, I suggest Takk, by Sigur Ros. You might be thinking: those guys can't even spell sugar, how great can they be? Well, they are not really trying to spell sugar at all, it's Icelandic, because they're Icelandic, and they will rock your face off! Well, maybe not all the way off, since it's not rock at all, but it's still supremely good in an unexplainable way. I have a netquaintance named Kári who actually lives in the same town as them, and he sent me a picture that shows where their studio is. I #&$&@# love Iceland! It's great, I can't really explain why, it's just a feeling I have. I think everyone has a place that they are drawn to but they don't know why. Did you know that 53% of all Icelanders believe that invisible fairie people called Huldufólk? It's true.

I think Roxanne's dog is starting to like me more. Her cats have always liked me, because cats like me. I'm like an ambassador to the world of cats, they always give me honourary degrees to cat universities and stuff. But dogs sometimes take a bit longer to warm-up. Anyway, Bailey seems to remember who I am now. He doesn't bark in my ear, and he doesn't accidentally walk into me. That's good, because he's like 115 lbs. and his head is at crotch level.

10 Comments:

Blogger DJH said...

I predict October 21st.

Thursday, October 13, 2005 10:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Using my very logical powers of guessing things that i know nothing about, i guess October 17th.

Friday, October 14, 2005 8:28:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you Dave, Takk may possibly be one of the best albums of the year to buy. Sam and i were highly privileged to go to the Sigur Ros concert when they were here in Montreal and Ottawa and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. This group has the ability to utterly transport your spirit to dreamland, also very lovely were their opening group Amina, also from Iceland- a four girl quartet and so much more- i got the t-shirt!! I know what you mean about a place that appeals to you more than any other, i think Iceland suits you very well Dave. it is so wonderful that they understand about fairies.

-Leah

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:33:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that Leah didn't lay claim to being the 4th mysterious member of the Pettmen clan but is it only a co incidence that her birthday albeit many moons before the Pettmen clan existed is the same day as the projected member ?

Dad

Friday, October 14, 2005 9:50:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Leah,
Can you send me a pic of the t-shirt? Did you say you were starting a photoblog?

Dad,
Yes it is a coincidence.

More guessing and less not guessing.

Friday, October 14, 2005 10:11:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting a photoblog as soon as i get a mac. photos of the t-shirts are in the making. You and Roxanne must promise to come visit if Sam and i make it to hun city ( as you call it ) this winter. i can't wait to meet Roxanne!!
-Leah

Saturday, October 15, 2005 6:33:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! roxie - you are freekin' me out! since i am the one to have to usher this new person into our world I pick the 25th. If you would have visited today and played mario party then I would be in labour now & give birth on the 18th, because we were at a coffee shop & didn't get much sleep last night. but, anyhoo...gestating is fun!
-mik (dr.plate)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Mik! Hooray! Now the pool is official.

Captain Mathfin said you had a pool at FS, which is where I stole the idea from. He and Chuckar and K-Rice haven't voted yet though, I guess they are too busy not updating their blogs. Or maybe they are doing homework, which is what I am supposed to be doing now.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 8:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

Dave,
I beleive that on the calendar (the one with the moose) I claimed the dates "19" and "22". However I might be lying. The calendar is in the store, where I am not.

In other interesting news, my sister is quite obsessed with sigur ros. She even attended their most recent vancouver concert. I have the () and angel fetus albums, but I don't know if I'm ready for takk. I did however obtain danger doom. It looked fun because of the mouse.

Monday, October 17, 2005 3:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

i need an update dave, get on it!

Monday, October 17, 2005 9:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home