Thursday, November 3, 2005


Rocky and Sherpa were trying to be the twins from The Parent Trap for hallowe'en ("let's get together, yeah yeah yeah!"). Their wigs didn't really work out so they decided to be those twins after they had grown up and become professionals. On Saturday the 29th the three of us, along with Holly, Sukha and Ayden got costumed up and went out to some rustic homestead place (pics). There was supposed to be Hallowe'en activites and hot chocomolate, but no one was there at all. That was fine anyway, we walked around for a bit, and it was spooky enough in the twilight.

On Hallowe'en proper we hung-out with Nat and Shenelle et al. We also ate candy, won boardgames and dressed up again. Rock was an 80s girl this time, Tiffany or Cindy Lauper or Margaret Thatcher or something. My whole strategy on costume wearing is to not make one. Then whenever I get to the place where I am supposed to have a costume I draw a giant unibrow of my forehead with a magic marker or eyebrow pencil (that's like a pencil for your eyebrows, I've learned). I'm a winner.

School is going well. Apparently we're being marked this term, maybe they mark students every term. Maybe my confusion on this subject is the reason I've been in school for like 45 years. Anyway, it's working out ok. For one paper, in a class of 45, I got one of only 3 A+'s. Also, the teacher gave me a free magazine with his address on it, which greatly facilitates my stalking of him. It could also be a trap though, hmmmm.

In less fun news, some fuckheads broke into our house today. At first I thought it was the record industry stealing its music back, since I thought I lost 3 CDs, but I think I actually just left those in Rock's car. They took my camera, sigh. That's OK though, it had a good life, it travelled to 3 continents and must have taken over 1,500 pictures. They also took my cell phone, but I had no contract for it anyway, plus it was cursed, haha! The only other thing they took was my jar of nickles and pennies, good work math whizzes.

I was surprisingly not at all bothered by this event. I would have expected myself to be, never really having had anything stolen from me before. I guess I'm just at a really calm and content time in my life. I was pretty happy that they didn't take my computer, although they did take Adrian's. But even if they had, I would have just thought: "hmmm, I guess I'll be spending more time in the lab at school now." Anyway, there's not much we could have done to prevent it. Everything was locked and they had to break through two doors in the basement to get in. These things happen. The funny thing is they took my roomate's The Simple Life DVD, haha! I hope they watch it.

14 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

I'm sorry to hear about your camera. I hope your cursed cellphone will teach the thieves a lesson. Then again, could a brain tumour be too much a penalty?

Friday, November 04, 2005 2:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

shoot dave, I didn't know that was YOUR apartment, I just needed a fix, I'll mail the stuff back, and I set the Simple Life DVD on fire, NO ONE should be exposed to that

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:43:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Dave, it was EYELINER, not eyebrow pencil... i don't think you should be allowed to be president of the Prince George chapter of the Ru Paul fan club anymore!!

Friday, November 04, 2005 9:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Cellphones don't give ppl tumors, I do. With my special powers.

What is the difference between eyebrow pencil and eyeliner? Aren't they both little black pencils for your eyes that give you tumors?

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go on a road trip.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:32:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm... Shaela, you do know that we were only playing the part of the twins right? You aren't really Sharon and i'm not Susan, even though we do have a swinging time when we get together, yeah yeah yeah.
But a road trip does sound great!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 10:51:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ummm just so you know, I AM SHARON, someone has a serious case of denial, just the same as david is a hoser.
Sherpa.... errr... Sharon.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:06:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to be writing an essay right now, which means i'm surfing the net and wishing someone had something new for me to read. But you don't. What, are you all busy doing what you're supposed to be doing or something?? Well stop it and join my slackers club! There's a new Lost on Wed.... hopefully we'll get to see Michelle Rodrigez bully Sawyer some more. Comment on that. Comment on the weather. Just give me some distraction!!! Thanks.

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

50% of my term mark for 385 is contained in two assignments due tomorrow. I'm about halfway through the first one, maybe a third, quarter, who am I kidding? So, thats what Im doing. My eyes hurt. Hey, if ur bored you can write me something about . . . the thing Im presenting on for English tomorrow. You said you read it, but then said no other things after that. Specifically, how 'bad'/sexist do you think Silas is? I think he is a decent character overall . . . well, has some redeeing features anyway, but . . . how bad did you think his treament of . . . Sarah was? Errr . . . also, how good of a job did Richard Wright do with . . . writing the story from Sarah's perspective? Did he write that female perspective poorly? OK, back to real work.

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest David,
I didn't mean YOU should have written something, i was directing my comment more to the other readers of the blog, like Shae, your family, and cool strangers like Chuck. Anyway, i hope my notes on the story helped some... you'll do great on the presentation b/c you're always super enthusiastic about sharing your opinions. See you tomorrow morn!
Love,
Rox

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Yeah, Chuck is pretty cool, for someone who has SARS.

Monday, November 07, 2005 9:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

Dave, I made a mistake. I though a scanner darkly was Cronenberg, but it's Linklater. I get the two confused, like I used to with Lynch and Fincher.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 1:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I always get David Fincher mixed up with Finch who is a David Spade character on a not so funny sitcom.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:26:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom is a palindrome!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home