Tuesday, December 6, 2005










Hey! They found a new mammal in the rainforests of Borneo! It appears to be able to shoot laser beams from its eyes or at least hypnotize people. Also, it can turn invisible and control the weather! (probably)

Apparently changing the visual template of your blog resets any alterations you made to the code. They told me that would happen, but for some reason I didn't believe them. Anyway, that's why everything has been gimped lately. I changed it to white because I think it might be easier to read longish things that way. Plus it's white! Like snow and ptarmigans and pterodactyls!

I got a 9 out of 10 for participation in CanLit even though I only spoke twice the whole term. I think it was because I pointed out that a young Sandra Oh (Sideways, Grey's Anatomy) was an extra in something we watched about some Canadian author. The only other thing I said all term was something about . . . Icelandic Huldufolk, which was topical, believe it or not. I can't complain because it's fickle in my favour. Still, it's not exactly bulletproof pedagogy.

3 exams to go, shouldn't be super hard. In important news: I moved my bed to a warmer part of my room. The heating vent is now about 2 feet from my head. Listening to heat flowing through vents while falling asleep is the pinnacle of existence.

Completely unrelated: Here is a strangely hypnotic timelapse video of a week in the life of the Panama Canal.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should move your bed into the closet... no one expects the closet. Once i slept in my closet (which is like 3ft by 2ft) when i was 14. It was for Christmas eve so i'd be uncomfy and wake up earlier. I got the idea from my friend's little brother who spent one Christmas eve sleeping in a toy chest!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

But the closet is closer to the haunted room.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:47:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Aaron's ferrets... i'm not sure which is scarier. So yeah, maybe the closet isn't good. Plus everyone woule be making fun of you for 'coming out of the closet'!! But not me of course, i'd never make fun of you :)

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

yeah, and the ferrets would chew through the wall and lay eggs in my ear.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 11:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

and would you scramble them, or over-easy?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 5:59:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your blog better black
D.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:20:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home