Monday, December 12, 2005


I wrote my last exam on Thursday, then I went to Rock's house. I ended up staying there until today, which I think is Monday, so that's like 4 days. I would normally think it a bit unusual to stay at the house of your girlfriend of 4 months for that long, but it is always completely natural; it's like I've always been there.

The McLeods are McReallyNice. The bunch living on Chestnut Avenue includes a mom, dad, grandpa, cat, another cat, 10 fish and dog/horse. Whenever I'm at Rock's house I feel really relaxed and happy. I don't know what it is (aside from the obvious), maybe they put something in the water. We don't really do anything spectacular. We just eat good food and play crib and walk in the woods and make snowmen and drink cocoa. It's like a perpetual Sunday afternoon. Why am I saying any of this? I don't know, that's just what I've been doing the last 4 days, and it has made me happy, so I thought I'd write some thing about it.

I wrote a long paragraph about how family comes in different shapes. It was about how the 2 parent/young children family is a fairly rare family structure if you think across cultures and time periods. I deleted it though because it would have taken it a while to make it into something coherent and not rambling. I'm trying to save all my clear thinking and expression up for next term. So if I just drool and say things such as "Dave no like" or "Dave big happy now," don't take it personally, if you notice the difference at all.

Roxanne and I will be coming down to Hun City on Thursday Dec 15 and staying until Dec 24. So if you live in the aforementioned city of Huns, hopefully I'll see you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know we put something in our water?

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:02:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

The photo is of . . . what did we name them? Chris the gender-non-specific snowperson and Krinkle the snowcat? It was something like that. The picture was taken by Roxanne.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 1:30:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya, i put a magical something or other in the water. us hart people real weird dood. get out while u can. one day u will find it fun to wear a jean jacket and crank ac/dc while washing your 4x4 truck on your front lawn in your wife beater while at the same time drinking a 6pack of beer and running your fingers through your mullet. trust me this can all be done at the same time. my uncles frequently do this.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I actually prefer Metallica for drunken truck washing music.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home