Sunday, December 25, 2005

There is no pic at the moment because it is dark so I can't rummage around to find a suitable USB cable. I'm sitting here in front of a 19" ViewSonic LCD monitor, which is the hotness. I am at Jason and Jenn's house. They are Rock's brother and soon-to-be-sister-in-law, respectively (so the one named Jason is the brother? Oh, thanks for spelling that out Dave).

We drove down here yesterday, although we almost didn't make it out of hun city. Rock forgot to renew her insurance, which we found out when the RCMP left us a note on the windshield. Getting the note was much nicer than getting the 600$ fine which we were supposed to get. We lucked out because it was Christmas Eve, I guess. Rock is usally really good about things like renewing insurance, I guess it was the bustle of exams and holidays. Anyway, we drove down (we meaning me) on Saturday. When we got into Vernon we drove past this row of car dealerships, and I thought, "please have a VW, please have a VW." There was one, and what followed was a flurry of "punch buggies" so thick that its like has not been seen since the 1960s.

Jason and Jenn are very nice and have lots of cool things at their house. Having cool things at one's house doesn't necessarily make one very nice. But it never hurts, unless those cool things are nunchucks or throwing stars or something else sharp or blunt. They have 3 cats, 2 of which are shy, but the last is very fluffy and playful. They also have a flock of ducks that lives in their backyard. We watched Anchorman. That is a great movie!

Brick Tamland: I love... carpet.
[pause]
Brick Tamland: I love... desk.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
Brick Tamland: I love lamp.
Ron Burgundy: Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
Brick Tamland: I love lamp! I love lamp.

I didn't really expect Christmas to feel like Christmas at any point during these holidays, since for me it is really 4 separate gift opening sessions. But today it did, so that was neat. Rock got me season 1 of Arrested Development on DVD. Boo-yah!
Tomorrow we might do something fun, or we might just lounge around and watch DVDs all day. Hey wait, that is fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

i'm going to invent something that will enable you to take photos in all kinds of light

it'll be a flash of light that goes off when you take the photo

hmm...what to call it?

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Dave I Bet roxanne was just trying to scam the system....."Christmas...hmm they won't fine me because it's christmas"......thats what it is you big cheating people...who cheat...yea

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:37:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn tootin'!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:20:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home