Thursday, December 29, 2005

We are still in Vernon because Maggie the car is not working. That worked out well though. Jason generously gave me one of his World Juniors tickets so I was able to watch the Russia-Slovakia game in Kelowna last night. I went with Tod, who is Jason's friend with a contagious laugh, and Jason, who is not Jason but actually Jason's brother-in-law (almost). It was cool because it was a small arena so we were close to the players. Evgeny Malkin was fun to watch. He was drafted #2 overall in the 2nd to last draft, I think. He'll be playing at the Olympics in Turin, so yeah, he's good. At the end of the game he knocked over two Slovaks at once with a clean hit. A broohaha ensued and a different Russian and Slovak got into a fight. There was the full-on sweater over head action, and lots of haymakers in general. In like the last 3-4 NHL/WHL games I've been to there have been no fights (despite Cloutier's best efforts), yet I see one at an international European game. Go figure! Anyway, sweetness all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home