Saturday, January 28, 2006


I don't really recommend reading any of the following. I didn't have anything relevant to write about, so instead of writing nothing, I wrote everything I could think of. This was not unrelated to caffeine consumption. I have been transitioning from ground whole beans to pre-ground coffee, because I got a lot of it for Christmas. I haven't figured out how much to put in yet, so I tend to err on the side of way too much.

Hey, look, it's like a poll or something. I put it up/down there because ppl seem to interact with the interactive stuff. It's not meant to be serious, check all boxes that apply. Don't lie. Alternatively, lie all you want.

It's snowing lots now.

The tiniest fish in the history of forever has been discovered. It was in . . . Sumatra? And it was 7.9mm long! So smaaaaal. Link

Last night I had a dream about Dann and Jessica and a giant backhoe or bulldozer or something. That's probably because I talked to my dad on the phone yesterday and we talked about Dann for a bit, since Dad saw Dann up in Ft. St. John recently. I kind of like the way Ft. St. John has two abbreviations in it. I wonder if there is a town named Fort Saint Mountain? Ft. St. Mtn.? Probably not.

Yesterday I played RISK with my roomates and won. I like RISK. It is all about being patient and seeming unthreatening and directing the other players to attack each other. Roxanne has a lifetime undefeated record of 4-0 in RISK.

Happy Birthday to Roxanne, who will turn 22 on Monday. Happy Birthday to Kelly, who turned 23 yesterday. Happy Birthday to Wayne Gretzky, who turned 45 yesterday. Happy 6 monthiversary to Rock and I, today.

I put up the link to "Chuck Beans!" again. I thought it had been abandoned but now it's abandonment has reversed and lots of banding is going on in all directions. Plus he made his own bean banner. (British accent) Top drawer Chuck, top drawer.

Have I mentioned lately that I like Iceland? Well, I do. They have announced a vague plan to try and power as many things as possible with hydrogen, rather than fossil fuels (Link). It is kind of dreamy, due to long time periods involved and the present unreliability of hydrogen systems. But it's still a good idea! Unfortunately this doesn't really mean much for the rest of us, since Iceland is a demographic/logistical exception to almost everything. I.e., there are a lot of reasons things could work there where they might not work elsewhere. Namely that it is a pretty giant island with only a quarter of a million people on it.

I talked to my mom yesterday and she said that Mr. Pete Penner stopped at her store and said we should have coffee or something next time I am in Hun City. Maybe that's just one of those polite conversation things, but it's still nice.

There is something dysfunctional about the Vancouver Canucks right now. I don't know what it is. It has a lot to do with the "big line" underperforming, but what the cause of that is I don't know. I like Alex Auld, but I think they need a bone fide #1 veteran goalie. I think they will trade for one before the end of the season. Luongo would be best, I always hear his name floated around, but I don't see why Florida would let him go. Martin Biron will have to move soon, it seems. And he seems pretty good. We'll see. I hope Ovechkin wins the Rocket Richard trophy.

There have been 2 new lakes discovered UNDER the antarctice ice (Link).They are the second and third largest behind lake Vostok, which is among the top 15 biggest lakes in the world. The interesting thing about this is that these lakes are under several kilometres of ice, and they are heated from the earth's core. This means that they have ecosystems that have been completely sealed off from the outside world for who knows how long? I know who knows how long, it's the dinosaurs swimming around down there.

That was pretty weird with that guy (James Frey) who had his memoirs included in the Oprah Book Club. Weird because he made most of it up. Then when he was found-out, Oprah invited him onto her show and wrung him out. I wish he would have just been like: I can write whatever I want even if it is lying! Eff you! It's not illegal! But he was more like: I made a mistake, whimper whimper, boring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a fish?
Phew!
I thought you had a gangrenous finger, and I was going to have to chastise you yet again on personal hygiene, and then amputate...
Hate to tell you I skied powder all day today.....actually , had a great crash last run of the day and came in covered in snow and laughing too much as usual...
come and visit soon, and ski!
xoxomom
ps: pre -ground coffee?...well you already know what I have to say about that....

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

fish?
I thought that was a nasty paper cut.
Gotta lay off the whisky for breakfast.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 1:30:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Stephen Harper's hair really isn't doing well in the poll. Poor Stephen, must be time for a new rug.

Monday, January 30, 2006 10:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home