Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I have now officially been to 4 weddings and a funeral. The fourth was possibly the best I have been to. We left last Thursday and got to see Sam and Leah and mom and my dog along the way. We included: me, Rock, Mr. Rock, Mrs. Rock, Grandpa Rock, Brother Rock, Sister-in-Rock, and Germany. The wedding was really great because I got to meet tons of new people. Also I got to spend a bit more time with people I had only met briefly. Rock's cousin Cam was cool, and Jenn's (Rock's new sister-in-law) brother has to get a special mention because he stood outside for 3 hours to get an XBOX 360 for a wedding gift. And it wasn't even a core system! Sure, that doesn't have anything to do with me, but it's still cool. I ate at Denny's 3 breakfasts in a row. Original Grand Slam, ahh yeah.

The actual wedding was on Saturday. It was on an icerink at SilverStar Mountain in Vernon. It was there because that is where the proposal took place last year. My hands were cold. Why didn't I bring mittens? The reception/dinner was nice and had a hockey theme because Jason (groom, other brother to Rock) is a hockey fanatic. Some guy asked me if I knew someone in Hun City named Adelle, but I didn't. Do you? Some reports suggest I was became somewhat inebriated at some point. I had a good 8 or 9 drinks, mostly wine, does that count? Anyway, I was pretty talky and dancy, which was my goal. Better to be a bit goofy and outgoing than just sit there and not make a fool of yourself. I did the Elaine dance from Seinfeld and various other spastic things which amused me. The funny thing about dancing is that about 95% of the population (including me) can't do it, which makes me feel better. I don't think my comments in the wedding book made any sense. That's ok. There was supposed to be karaoke, but no one did it, and I didn't want to be the only person. But I was totally ready to bust out the Celine Dion! I did actually sing that at some point without a microphone. But I do that most days anyway.

Anyway, it was a very positive experience altogether, due in no small part to the generosity of Rock's parents, letting me ride in their van and stay in their hotel room etc. There are some more pictures here.

Completely unrelated: here is a video of celebrity Jeopardy with Will Ferrell. Here is another one. The funny.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Dave did sing a Celine Dion song to me and my parents... after we were all in bed with the lights out. And then, halfway through his version of My Heart Will Go On, he started hiccuping, due to his overconsumption, which just made the whole tipsy singing thing even more funny. My dad now calls him "hiccup boy". You should consider hiring Dave... i think he'd be great at birthdays and bar mitzvahs too!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

dave you look so snazzy all dressed up...HOT HOT HEAT

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:52:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clothes....courtesy of Didi's, the best darn little clothing store in Hun City, and Dave, Chris wants to see the Stanley Cup wedding cake....I think he's jealous....
xomom

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

was there anyone wearing a Toronto Maple Leaf jersey at that wedding that I would have needed to crosscheck?

It was fun meeting you guys and I have to say that Grampa Rock is really cool indeed!

Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:02:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any more thoughtful pictures of thoughtful people who are not only like you they are you 2( not U2) for people who think of you ?
preferably not in maple leaf jerseys .
dad

Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

There are 4 pictures which you can reach by the link in the article, dad.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 5:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

you guys are 'GQ' and 'Doir' all the way in that photo

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- I'm totally not used to seeing you in pictures that are not crazied up by you making a weird face (well more so than usual) or something else equally insane. You guys both look great- very Classy! Love it.
x

Friday, February 03, 2006 8:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home