Thursday, February 9, 2006

I love Lost. It's my favourite show that is currently producing new episodes. I can't really recommend it to anyone who doesn't already like it because it has a continuous story-arc which is about 30-40 episodes long now. So it won't really make sense if you jump right into it. You could watch season 1 on DVD (or download it) though, and then it would make some sense.

The episode yesterday mostly served to clarify that Sawyer (and Charlie, somewhat) is a bad guy. But it wasn't all that convincing. He conned the woman he pretended to love out of $600,000, he stole all the guns from the armory, and he committed a semi-violent pretend kidnapping. But he is such a likable bad guy (anti-hero) that you can't help but like him. Granted, if his turnaround doesn't happen until the end of the show, which is years away, his evil behaviour will probably escalate, still.


I wish I had a class where we analyzed Lost instead of plays from the 16th century or whatever. I mean, I appreciate the value and genius of them and blah blah blah, but I find it hard to engage with anything before the 19th century. Someone I was talking to who is taking Sci-Fi Lit this term said they talk about Lost in it sometimes. I wish I was in that class, but it doesn't bother me that I am not, since it was the right decision not to take it (for various reasons that I won't bore you with). Anyway, I think Lost is as artistically valid, and in some ways better, than a novel. Well, I think well-written continuous story-arc shows are in general. Or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger DJH said...

Yeah! If you look at the screencaps from the episode when the fog "looks into" Mr. Ecko then you can see images in it.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home