Tuesday, February 21, 2006


Holy crap Canada and Russia in the quarterfinals tomorrow! The awesomeness is too much. I have an early class which ends at 11:20 so I can just watch it on the big screen in the cafeteria. I declare my 1pm class cancelled, at least for me. Hockey>Survey of English Lit.

Russia will be tough because they possess goodness in the form of offensive prowess...ness. They have scored the most goals in the tournament so far. Fortunately they have also been sort of inconsistent (like a certain Northern North American Country which will remain unnamed). They lost to Slovakia and only a 1-0 win against Kazakstan. Good grief Charlie Brown. Anyway, it should be a good game since Russia plays entertaining hockey, unlike the idiotic trapfestivals that Finland and Switzerland try to pass off as hockey. Sewiously dudes. Not cool.

Anyway, Go Canada Og!

In other non-news, I stayed late at school to finish an essay and then walked home between 1:15 and 2:30am this morning. It was pretty warm and dry. I jaywalked across Central because there were no cars nearby, but then the 5-0 pulled up and I thought they might give me a warning, but they didn't. Sometimes exuding geekiness is good because it tells policemen that you are not a criminal. I like walking at night.

I got a 79 on my midterm. Normally I would say that is balls. But I was pretty happy with that since I ran out of time at the end of the exam because I took a short nap at the beginning. Did I mention I'm really good at time management? Hey! And Roxanne got 109 out of 120 on her Hello Kitty midterm. I wish I was in International Studies, but I've heard it involves studying.

Did I mention that Rock and I had a nice Valentine's day? No, I guess I didn't. But I was just thinking that since I am manically posting random things it might actually make sense to post something about the person who makes up 79-109% of my life. Ok, well, that's an exaggeration, besides the fact that it doesn't make any mathematical sense. Anyway, yeah, it was really nice! We went and watched the moon which was kind of orange and it was kind of really cold out. I grew some roses for her (or bought, who can remember?) and painted a painting which was subpar but c'est la vie. And Rock got me the 2nd season of Arrested Development and a nice big red card. I hope that doesn't mean she is cheering for the Russians.

7 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

exuding geekiness -LUUUUVE IT!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:02:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hockey>Survey of English Lit." ... now that's my kind of math!
David = geek
Tom Cruise < sane
Canadian hockey team > everyone else on skates!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Can you send me that teddy bear?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger denielle said...

oh, this must be a sad day for you. condolences. shame (the crying kind)
hockey's neither here not there to me... but apparently it's a national tradgedy, and i wanna be in on it! (the mournful sighs and whatnot)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

this is what happens when you rely solely on hockey for your happiness.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

So you and Ava have something in common.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

chicken or turkey?

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:12:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home