Saturday, April 15, 2006


It snowed on Good Friday, so we sculpted a snowbunny. It was so convincing that the cat thought it was real. Well, it was a real snowbunny, but the cat thought it was a real fleshbunny. Then she tried to eat its ear, without much success. Cruel, I know, but what else can you expect from a kitten named Deathbringer?

After exams on Thursday we went bowling. It was a good Thursday, but not Good Thursday, because there is no such day. I met Roxanne’s friends Andrew Ferrence and Shalina Edge (no relation to “The Edge,” I asked). Andrew Ferrence is starting a dodgeball league next fall at UNBC. I rock at dodgeball. I was like a dodgeball sensei in grade 6; sometimes skinny is good. Andrew Ferrence is also good a queue-jumping, he had a Run-D.M.C. t-shirt with soft looking lettering, and he and Shalina are going to Cuba next week. They are cool. It’s like that, and that’s the way it is.

I bowled above my expectations. First I was bowling with the watermelon ball and the light blue one (which I thought of as the Pastel Blue Sphere of Eternal Destruction), but I switched to the pink ball because the first two were too light and always left one or two pins up despite my flawless technique. Plus pink tempers my overwhelming manliness. It's hard not to be manly when you are 145lbs and your mom buys most of your clothes for you. Shalina bowled a tribute to Todd Bertuzzi. Her score was 44 after 7 frames and stayed there for the last 3. It’s a tribute because his number is 44 and he is also inept. I am comfortable making him the scapegoat for the demise of the Canucks’ season. We loved you that one year when you scored 48 Todd, but now it’s time to go away. Far, far away.

12 Comments:

Blogger Axel said...

Dave I think that if anything we should get manliness inhibitor chips placed at our lower cerebral cortex so that other's will feel more comfortable around us....no one likes to have testosterone oozed on them

Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:28:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snowbunny reminds me of the rabbit from Donnie Darko... it has a bit of sinister look to it. I think it has evil powers too. My cat was trying to save me, because, as we all know, bunnies store their evil powers in their ears.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 4:39:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I don't really "buy" your clothes....I just send you things to make Roxanne fall in love with you more....most guys would be glad to have a mom who has a clothing store along with other magical powers...
xoxomom
ps: Rox: I agree, the bunny does look slightly deranged and possibly malicious...
HAppy EAster everyone!

Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

i saw a dude the other day wearing sandals in the rain, and i thought of you, Judah

Saturday, April 15, 2006 8:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

I like that Dave's mom comments on the blog....if my mom had a blog it would be called "Confessions of a closet lesbo"

I really hope kryce laughs at that

Saturday, April 15, 2006 10:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Hmmm, you sound like my mom, yet you write your name "xoxomom." Therefore I can only conclude you are a doppelganger from the xoxoverse. But that's ok. Happy xoxoEaster, sorry I didn't make it down.

xoxoDave

Sunday, April 16, 2006 8:46:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David,
Just quick- I wanted to say Happy Easter!! I may or may not eat a disturbing amount of chocolate by the end of the day. Muahahahaha
Bounce!

Sunday, April 16, 2006 10:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

Some guys are even glad to have a step mom who owns a clothing store. Believe it or not from me and Leah, I'm the one who prefers shoping. Voila. Oh yeah and I need to say that I am most desapointed in the Canucks. I keep praying that the habs make it all the way...

Sunday, April 16, 2006 1:20:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Habs GO !!! etc. etc...
DAve, you made me look up "doppelganger", sometimes your blog is just too darn esoteric!
-momxoxox

Sunday, April 16, 2006 9:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger denielle said...

hey, today i drove through your hometown today. twice. it was snowraining in the am, which really took all the pleasure out of the driving through. but i stopped at a&w for a sausage n egger, which made up for the snowrain, tenfold.

Friday, April 21, 2006 8:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I once worked at that A&W, so maybe I made the sausage n egger you ate. Did it taste like it had been in a freezer for like 6 years?

Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

I dislike calgary. I don't mind bertuzzi, but he shouldn't have to go to Calgary. He should have to go to St. Louis.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 11:06:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home