Monday, May 15, 2006


Has anyone ever read the original book version of Bambi? It's pretty disturbingly violent. All the animals keep dying in pools of blood. Bambi's cousin Gobo (who is the shy runt of the family, really cute), dies near the end: "Gobo lay with his bloody entrails oozing from his torn flank" ... "Then they heard Gobo's wailing death shriek." And humans are described as having a "dark, unknown, controlling power." It's pretty nice and wistful at times too, when the animals aren't being maimed. I guess it balances out the 'Disneyfied' version, but maybe it does so a little too well. Anyway, nevermind, trivia. I met a faceless teacher of mine today. Well, actually she has a face. It's just that I've spent 4-5 months in teleconference classes with her, but I hadn't met her until today. It turns out she is Kylie Minogue. Actually that's a lie, I just made it up because there is no point to this story. And the random insertion of Australian celebrities will give any story a point. Or something.

To continue my theme of recounting the dreams of the mentally handicapped (i.e., me): last night I had a dream I was trying to kill a cat, but I couldn't, and it starting freaking out and attacking my hand and everything got messy and it just wouldn't die. I think this is because yesterday Holly (owner of the house I live in) told me to chase away the cat that had digging up her garden. But I couldn't, because I loves teh cats too much. So I just petted the cat instead, and it tried to jump onto me back, in a friendly way. Anyway, the moral is that cat dilemmas = cat mangling dreams. Now I have to go to my next class, so I will just post this and assume that it is not completely idiotic.

23 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

cats deserve a solid sledgehammer to the head...

Monday, May 15, 2006 5:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

I would suggest not sharing that dream with my mom... she may never completely trust you with our cats again.

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Dear Ms. Human Dasha,
You are having a mean and terrible like attitude toward cats. Please stop forthwith with this direction of your attitude, which is mean and like terrible and is in dislikement of us. We are to be boxes of love and trust and catfood. Be friends with our selves, which are furry.

Sincerely,
Cats

Monday, May 15, 2006 8:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger denielle said...

in the dream was your flexor tendon completely exposed from the gaping wound in your index finger? i'm gonna write a screenplay for an animated children's film and send it to disney,,, but now that i've read your post, i'm afraid they'll take artistic liberties and edit out all the carnage.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

No flexor tendon, but once I had a dream that my big toe had flesh-eating bacteria, and it ate away the tip of the toe, and on the inside my toe was a was a grapefruit.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about dogs ? at least they turn jump on turntables at 6am just after you've gone to sleep . Oh wait there are no turntables so cats don't do that anymore either . OK cats are fine
dad

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:38:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

turn = don't

dad

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

Dear Cats

You suck because you make me sneeze and you also get fur all over my things when I'm at the residence of a cat-owner.

-Dasha

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Dear Ms. Dasha, the human,
We are most in the sorry feeling for getting your sneeze to happen, and that our fur is making being all over your things in a furry way. You see, we are like to avoid this, so on this account we bathe ourselves with the tongue baths all day. Because we are wanting to make the world more clean for cats and for also with the people humans. We do this so that the friends we will make, friends full of love and not much furriness please. Please take our hearts onto consideration.

Sincerely,
Cats

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

Dear Cats

You could make my world better by walking off of a big cliff into a fire pit.

-Dasha.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

I read the bambi story when I was 9 and it ruined neraly ever adapted disney version for me as I decided that that dead anti semetic bastard was a big fat liar.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

/squelch animal hater

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Walt Disney was anti-semitic?

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

whoa 19th comment, Mr. Popular Judah

I think the PC term is "Little People".

word.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Yea dave...Disney was an anti-semetic which he got from his grandmother who was a strict catholic. While the rest of the family showed dismay for Walt's imagination his grandmother encouraged it, therefore he was all about listening to what she had to say. There's a biography all about this called

"Walt Disney: America's Dark Prince"

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger denielle said...

cool new pic.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

omg
Kovac is so going to be off the market soon.

and seriously
Pratt in a Limo
avec suit on...serious.

and that new picture of yours is kinda freaky deaky.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

It's a pic of David, dishwasher exraordinaire! Oo la la!

ER was good last night. The whole Abby-Kovac thing at the end was great. Although i don't share your obsession with Dr Pratt, i am liking the changes in his character post-Darfur. And no more Dr Archie... i wonder who will be hired next...

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

I monjormously DISLIKED the ending. I can't believe that they would leave the audience hanging like that (and have probably killed the baby while Luca lies there helpless), and I also can't believe that Jerry might die, and lastly, I can't blieve it's not butter when it does everything butter does.

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:58:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

and I hope that the new season starts with soft core staring Pratt...

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

starring* (SP)

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy said...

i disliked the ending as well, if the luka/abby hybrid dies i will boycott that show, i mean the carter/kim baby died already, we can't have another one.

but some softcore with prat and neela would possibly reel me back in.

Friday, May 19, 2006 6:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home