Sunday, June 25, 2006


Last week I didn't leave my house for three days, and during one of those days I didn't talk to a single person. I'm not agoraphobic (if anything I'm bushaphobic); I was actually writing a 7,000 word essay. If you don't know how long that is, just think of a 1,000 word essay, except 7 times longer. I forget what it was about now. I think it was about the quiet sounds made by certain small African primates: lemur murmurs.

50 minutes after I handed in my essay (which marked the end of my spring/summer classes), we went to the wedding of Chadalie. Chadalie is Natalie Daniels (now Abrahamson) and Chad Abrahamson (still Abrahamson). It was a very nice wedding, because they are a very nice couple. At the reception, my digestive system received pickled Jalapeno peppers, Caesar salad, and a Kinder Surprise egg (which tasted a bit like tinfoil and plastic), so that was good; I covered both of the food groups (chocolate and green). Also, our table had a guy with a cowboy hat named Taylor. He was really funny, and--as we later found out--also a breakdancer. Roxanne told a good story during the open mike about how she had prodded (metaphorically, not electrically) the new couple at the very beginning of their relationship. I was happy for Rock because she is sometimes shy (aren't we all?), and everyone thought her story was good. In fact, I think it got the second most laughs, behind the 4-year-old nephew who said: "Uncle Natalie and ... Aunty Chad ... I love ... you!"

Yesterday was also notably sweet: I drank iced tea in a can, watched most of 2 soccer games (including that "holy crap!" goal in the Argentina/Mexico game), played piggyback Bocce ball (not a euphemism), saw Kelly for half an hour (check out a good cougar story of hers), and played badminton (got my bad mint on) until 10:35 at night. OK, that's about it.

And they all lived happy ever after cut to credits.

17 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

the foam beard was beginning to grow on me (not literally), but I like the all hair one more I think...

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Dave...you didn't show for the Solstice Party...but I think I'm ok with it because you Mock chuck so neatly on his blog....also did you even see the highlights of the Brazil Japan game? Brazil drops snipe shots like chuck drops farts, fast, unexpected and in the air.

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

effin' hippies.......they smell like onions and dirt.....they're dirty onion people WTF is up with that?

Monday, June 26, 2006 3:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

To quote Eric Cartman: "Dolphins, Eskimos ... it's all the same tree-hugging, hippie crap."

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

hippies are dirty because that's the way jesus made them

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

And the lord made hippies and from their bodies fell dirt and grime, enriching the earth.

axel-2:10

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rachael said...

Ouch, man...ouch.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rachael said...

*runs and hugs a tree for comfort*

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rob Budde said...

ha! . . . hey, wait a minute. . . i'm a hippie!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rob Budde said...

OK, Dave & Roxanne, I need to know. Did you two meet in my class? That would be sooo cool . . .

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

You bet Dr. Budde! We always reminisce about Engl 100 and how you put us in groups together, and how we read the parts of Othello and Desdemona. Thanks for teaching that class! It was great for many many reasons.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Yes, we did, and it was sooo cool. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it was soooooo cool (I see your 'oo' and raise you an 'ooo'). That class spawned many stories, all with the same theme.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

We're most of us hippies, actually; we just enjoy self-parody.

Proof:

http://infallibleplankton.blogspot.com/2006/01/tis-politicking-season-so-_113677595864387056.html

Thursday, June 29, 2006 6:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

D'oh! Above link is cut off. Well, the point was that it linked to a previous post about a "political compass survey." And those commenters who posted their results from that survey (i.e., their political orientations) were decidedly hippyish.

Monday, July 03, 2006 4:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rachael said...

Indeed, I followed said link and took said survey. I forget my exact coordinates, but I was in the same corner as just about everyone else (near the Dalai Llama and Ghandi..who is dandy).

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Dandy indeed.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:20:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:08:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home