Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hello to all of you who are probably sick of looking at pictures of chocolate chip cookies. The wedding went swimmingly, and the swimming went … weddingly? Anyway, it was a success: cake was had by all, wine flowed like liquid, and my older sister is now Leah Binette. Conflagrations Leah and Sam!

The wedding was held in The Church of St. Matthias, which is the same church my Grandma Kyra and Grandpa Wally were married in, in 1955. Coincidence? No, it was planned that way. It was sort of like a family reunion since I saw all 8 members of my extended family. That’s right, eight. Did I mention we’re not Roman Catholic? More trivia: Sam is only the second male relative of mine whose name is not David. Three of the five male members of my extended family are named David. That’s right, 60%. Did I mention we’re not Roman Creative?

The ceremony went off without a hitch, meaning, they were successfully hitched. Actually, there was one snafu: one guy who had a short speaking role of some kind was delayed and missed the whole wedding. The reason he was delayed was that roads were closed and traffic diverted because it was the day of the “Outgames” marathon. That’s to be expected though; weddings have been missed because of “Outgames” marathons since … well, actually, I guess this was the first time.

The reception was pretty fancy schmancy. Luckily, I had my powers of dapper set to maximum, so I didn’t feel out of place. It is good that I was not anxious, because I gave a 5-minute-ish toast to Leah, in French, and I haven’t been fluent in French since about 1995. Fortunately, Sam’s brother Alex helped me proofread it, so it went well. Everyone laughed at the right times, and I managed not to slur any words or use any slurs. Even the band—who were friends of the groom—rocked pretty hard. Appropriately, their last song was “Standing on the verge of getting it on.” What is a wedding without Funkadelic? George Clinton is my life coach.

more photos here

14 Comments:

Blogger Floozie said...

that is one HAWT family, if it was allowed, I'd date every single one of them...

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

ps dave you look like Sam Roberts' much hotter younger brother

Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:44:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

Hey, why aren't there any photos of me on your flickr pics? Don't you think i'm worthy? Damn you and your hot brown suit mini Sam Roberts!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Rock, it's because you took all the pics. Dash, thanks, but I don't think my face is chiseled enough to be related to Sam Roberts.

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

I posted a comment yesterday and now it's gone..what the shit is with that? the comment went something liek this

Las summer at my cousin's wedding where I was a bridesmaid i got all drunk and sang along to "save a horse ride a cowboy"....booze is the devil.

Friday, August 11, 2006 12:57:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Roxanne I didn't get in the pictures and i didn't even get to point the camera

Dad

Friday, August 11, 2006 2:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

Hey Axel, you don't happen to have video footage of that do you?

Vodka: $20
Karaoke machine:$240
Footage of Axel singing Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy: Priceless

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

And you were a bride's maid? Wow, i really wish i'd been invited to that wedding.

Friday, August 11, 2006 6:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger denielle said...

yay, new post! witty as ever. and roxanne, the pics are awesome! you're a good picture taker.

Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Heidi :) said...

It sounds as if it was a great wedding!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Rox....yes there is video footage, actually about 1/4 of the wedding video is me going around and talking to people about the wedding and then the last 3 minutes are me talking in a drunken stupor...they say that I made the video

Sunday, August 13, 2006 12:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

is it on youtube?

Sunday, August 13, 2006 1:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

me2

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 12:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

and chuck can be harry

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:20:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home