Thursday, November 2, 2006

Remember Ally McBeal? You know, the documentary series about the hotdog-eating champion who became a lawyer? OK, well, the lead character (I think her name started with a 4) was frequently in therapy. One of her shrink's theories was that every person has a theme song. To my admittedly fuzzy understanding, this song is not necessarily the song that really represents that person, but rather the song that represents how that person sees himself or herself. If you were to make an autobiographical film about your life (with ample use of creative license), this song would be the soundtrack. For me, this song is "Princes of the Universe," by Queen. I think this will explain a lot of my apparent mental retardation, and also why I consistently rock so hard. By the way, if for some reason you don't know, this was the themesong to Highlander: The Series, which starred a character named McLeod, which is also Roxanne's last name. Coindence? No, awesomincidence.

19 Comments:

Blogger Chuck said...

That rocks hard Dave.

Friday, November 03, 2006 3:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

The best worst.

Saturday, November 04, 2006 10:09:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

touché

Saturday, November 04, 2006 1:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

his got a moustahe! ...but then you have a soap beard

Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

I really mean, he has a moustache... but then you have a baseball card collection

Saturday, November 04, 2006 7:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

Are you dating me because my name is McLeod? I don't have superpowers Dave, and Freddie and i parted ways long ago, God rest his soul.

(did the Highlander guy have superpowers? I never watched the show, so i have no clue)

Sunday, November 05, 2006 9:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Sam,
What? Baseball card collection? This is true, but I don't understand.

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Roxanne,
Dude, they totally had powers. Namely, they were immortal(ish) and could Lord of the Dance their asses off like Michael Flatley. Yeah!

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Boa,
Those are my theme pants, and that is also my theme moustache.

P.S. Still waiting for a Tupac/Freddie Mercury collaboration.

Monday, November 06, 2006 10:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger Samuel said...

Sorry, I only speak french, therfore, I cant explain what I meant.

Monday, November 06, 2006 12:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Axel said...

Highlander=The worst.

And Dave are you sure that your song isn't "Princess of the Universe"....by "Queen Latifa"?

Monday, November 06, 2006 2:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

Oh... SNAP!!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Freddie Mercury is more woman than Queen Latifah will ever be.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

when I worked at Wendy's in Squamish, Queen Latifah came in with two girlfriends and they were going skiing in Whistler

She's prettier and smaller in person than she looks on TV/movies.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mayfare said...

are you related to any hendersons that live in ontairo?

Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

NO :(

Friday, November 10, 2006 5:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

How 'bout Florence Henderson? Or, even better, Harry and the Hendersons? That was totally one of my favourite movies as a kid... i must have gotten my parents to rent it like 3 times (which is lots when you're poor and only rent movies like once a year).

Sunday, November 12, 2006 1:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chuck said...

...Real hard.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

Remember McPosty-Beal??

yea, that's right.

Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:59:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home