Monday, December 11, 2006


I’ve been holding a lot of babies lately. Actually, it’s only one baby, but she’s been getting a lot of spit-up-on-Dave’s-shoulder time. Holly and Sukham are my landlord-roommates and they made this 1-month-old baby 10 months ago. I mean, 10-months ago it was a zero-year-old baby, but now it is 1-month-old baby. Her name is Lily Lee-Gwah Sapun (or L.L. Sapun, as I call her in my head). If all the cute buttons in the world had a convention, and at the end of that convention they elected a cute button champion of the year, that cute button would by L.L., who is actually human and not a button at all, except for her buttons.

I am getting pretty good at the head-on-shoulder holding technique, except that L.L.’s body tends to curl up into a potato-sack-like ball when I use it, and I think babies are supposed to be straight when you hold them, like a 2x4, right? Anyway, she cries less that way than when I use the football technique, which is probably more accurately just called the cradle-in-arm technique, but I thought I’d just throw the word football in there so that no one will figure out I’m a girly man. Babies ... babies ... cute as a button, what a girly man! Wait, what’s this? 2x4, football, OH YEAH! This infallible plankman guy is no girly man, he’s like …uhhh ... a beerguy!

I also helped change a diaper, and I hope someday to be able to change one all by myself. Did you know that baby pooh is yellow? Sometimes it’s green too. Man, babies have it good: they sleep all day, puke on anyone they want, and they have multicoloured pooh. Nice.

In non-pooh news, I have had good exam luck this term. For my 2nd exam, the teacher forgot part of the exam, which made it easier. For my 3rd, the teacher let us write on whatever we wanted. This morning, 1 of the 3 essay-question options that the professor gave was, coincidentally, something I knew a lot about from another class. I attribute all of this to my lucky exam shirt, which is starting to smell a little funny. Oh well, only one more to go and then I can wash it.

12 Comments:

Blogger Snoozie said...

Lily is a super duper cutey button. But she obviously doesn't love me as much as you since none my clothes have Lily gifts on them. :( I love that you and little baby are bonding. And those diaper skills might come in handy with g-pa! haha.

Monday, December 11, 2006 5:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

aww
judah that's adorable

:)

Monday, December 11, 2006 9:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

BTW Dave feces is "poo", and cute honey-loving fictional bears are "pooh". While Pooh and baby poo are both yellow, they are most definitely not the same thing. Winnie wanted me to tell you that.

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Didi said...

speaking of bears, David's baby nickname was "Davey Bear", and yes , he did poo lots-just like Winnie...

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Didi said...

I guess Dave's biological clock is ticking....-if he's this baby gushy with other babies, I can't wait to see what he's like with one of his own someday, (and BTW the diaper changing does grow old after 3,972,456...)
ps: do you want a new shirt for Xmas?

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Actually, Rock, both "poo" and "pooh" can refer to excrement.

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you the holder or holdee?
it's been so long since i've seen you
i can't even remember

Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I am the blanket.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:28:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, the baby girl is making eyes at you, got it? haha

Friday, December 15, 2006 5:07:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Hi Chloe,
Haha, yes, I see. It is cool that you can read my blog from China now.

Friday, December 15, 2006 8:21:00 a.m.  
Blogger diandra said...

oh man, i LOVE yams! (and babies! bring on more babies!)

Saturday, December 16, 2006 12:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

i just ate 4 day old yams outta the fridge, cold, with some ketchup on them

they were good

until the last bite
it was ultra soggy

and now i may vomit

Saturday, December 16, 2006 6:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home