Thursday, November 8, 2007

Call it, Frend-0

If I weren't writing for mixed audience (yes, there are two of you), I'd say the trailer for No Country for Old Men gives me an irrepressible fanboy boner. Usually when I anticipate a film greatly it’s for sentimental, visceral or other bad reasons. But in this case I’m salivating for what seems to be something near the zenith of the Coen Brothers’ considerable craft making skills. Read the A.O. Scott review. Call it, Frend-o! Call it! Aaagggh!

Speaking of being entertained by smart people. This clip where Jerry Seinfeld takes apart Larry King is pretty funny, and while we're on the subject, Jon Stewart did much the same thing, but more emphatically, on CNN's Crossfire some time ago.

P.S. I’m coming up this weekend.
P.P.S. My teacher liked my unit lesson plan and she wants it to be presented at the Central Okanagan Teachers’ Association meeting (this is like a pro-d thing).
P.P.P.S. Mikara is soundly thrashing me at the hockey pool even though she chose her players based on how handsome they are. Still, I like almost all of my picks except for the concussed Bertuzzi, so I think things will turn around.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Snoozie said...

I cannot believe you used the word 'boner' in your blog. Oh my gosh! I don't know whether I laughed really hard because of shock, disgust or hilarity at you using that word.

Thursday, November 08, 2007 10:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

I love Jon Stewart. He's just amazing. Brilliant.

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:59:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, hot guys evidently do everything better. what parents tell you about "your personality" being important is for the birds.
plus, good lucking people give you boners (there. "boner"-users in solidarity, yo.)
also, i was distracted at the moose or i would have invited u to sit & gossip...instead of soundly dismissing you with a "chris is at the store." sorry. my bad :(

Sunday, November 11, 2007 4:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

Ok, why is it that I am the only one who finds the idea of you getting a 'boner' from a violent movie disturbing?

Didi, Leah- where are you?

Granted, the fact that I'm marrying you does make me view this from a slightly different angle, but still. Boners from seeing pics of Heidi Klum are ok. Boners from dark, violent, bleak films are not.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:52:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bertuzzi is poised to make his come back this week!
he'll still manage 57 points D.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:34:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. that stands for Paul Stastny

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Snoozie said...

You know what movie preview gives me a metaphorical boner? Sweeney Todd.

We HAVE to go see Sweeney Todd this holiday season.

Nothing says 'happy holidays' like the murdering of humans and then baking their bodies into pies. Mmmmm.

Plus, Sascha Baron Cohen co-stars!

Friday, November 23, 2007 11:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home