Saturday, February 3, 2007

I have a feeling that this is going to be a good year. Given that 2007 is the year of the James Bond, how could it not be? My job turned out to be only about 1-month long, but that’s fine. It was a good start to the year as it improved my confidence, health and financial status. Also, I have made a brainstorm-format list of things to do next, and it has a whale doodle on it. Therefore I will succeed.

It would be nice to stay in Prince George with Roxanne for the next few months, but I might also go back to Asia (if it’s still there) and teach ESL again. Plans are tenuous to non-existent at present.

It was Roxamazon’s birthday on Tuesday, and now she is 23. Unfortunately, I was still in Chetwynd so I missed it. Moop. I always forget that she is 3.5 years younger than me because it feels like we are the same age. Speaking of forgetfulness, Roxanne doesn’t have any. Now, I have a pretty good memory. For example, you owe me $50 dollars—please send it in the mail. But Roxanne’s is much better; it’s like … photogenic. Case in point: she bought me a Wassily Kandinsky calendar from the calendar store down in the calendar district because they were having calendar sale. I said: “wow, he’s one of my 3 favourite modern artists.” Then she said: “yeah, the other 2 are Picasso and Malevich.” Then I was like: “how did you know that?” Apparently I had told her this during the second week we were dating, which was about 1.5 years ago. Anyway, this is just a random note about her abundant specialness.

To right you will see a pride of lions feeding, please stay in the vehicle—except you, I don’t mind if you get out, just sign this insurance waiver. To the right of the lions you will see that there are 2 new links on the untitled link field. Both are for friends of mine from school who have recently started blogging: Andrew Kurjata (pronounced … well, I think it’s something like a combination of “cur” and “regatta”) and Petra Gentleman, who is not a gentleman. Confusing last names notwithstanding, you should check out their blogs.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Petra said...

Oi! I hold the door open for people, I think that puts me in the running to be a gentleman. Hee, thanks for the shout-out! ...and dude, you have a seriously awesome girlfriend. Or your girlfriend has a seriously awesome memory. Or both.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Yeah, yesterday I told her that you had started a blog, and she said: "Oh Petra, yeah, the one I met at Tim Hortons with Crystal." Even though that was only for like 5 seconds and 5 words.

Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger Andrew Kurjata said...

Thank you for warning me to not say anything to Roxanne that I may not want remembered....

Also, I see that I am no longer a hockey player. Just as I was about to call you Dave Henderson instead of your real name, so.... oh wait.... hm...

Saturday, February 03, 2007 2:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I knew I was a baseball player, but I didn't know I was a football goalie.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:53:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

I think holoplankton and meroplankton need to get with the program, whatever the program may or may not be.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

Dave,
I order you to make certain that Tom Brady is under my tree this coming festivus.

Monday, February 05, 2007 4:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Didi said...

Who's 'Footling" and what's that plankton thingy riding the whale, a crusader, or an Imperial Stormpooper, or what?

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

i like your new header, and i like the way you've put your date thing

i'm in like with your blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:33:00 a.m.  
Blogger DJH said...

Footling is an adj. that describes Infallible Plankton, the blog/fictional character who is also riding the whale with his authentic over-sized waterproof pope hat.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Floozie said...

whales eat plankton

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger Petra said...

Oh yay! I was remembered! Hee. She would make an AWESOME spy! ...unless she already IS.



whales eat plankton
har.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:58:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home